miƩrcoles, noviembre 01, 2006
I loved this year's Halloween. I didn't even go trick-or-treating, but I have my own personal stash because Lizzie is so picky and gave me all of her reject candy, which leaves me with:
2 pairs of Starburst (Original)
3 packages of 3 Whoppers
1 "fun size" 100 Grand Bar
2 Milky Way bars
1 miniature package of Skittles (Original) --- She had 2, so she gave me 1!
2 Dums Dums Lollipops (Banana and Pink Lemonade)
1 miniature box of Hot Tamales (Cinnamon)
1.5 3 Musketeers bars (one extra mini and one mini)
5 rolls of Smarties (2 with Bible verses on them)
2 pieces of Dubble Bubble Bubblegum
1 miniature Crunch bar
1 green circular candy that Lizzie decided was a drug
1 orange Jawbreaker
Awesome...
I'm going to suck on my Jawbreaker now. Yay!
My Halloween consisted of this:
1. Going to Sociology at 8:10-ish, getting my last test back, and seeing that I got a 44 on it. Hey, I was gone for at least two classes-worth of notes for that test and was gone for the Review. She loves me; she's going to let me make it up. I have a feeling I'll get an A in her class no matter what, really. I'm one of the few people who actually treats her with respect, even though I'm gone a lot. ^_^
2. Going to Anatomy at 9:35, taking notes, and falling in love with the subject all over again. Did you know that our brain technically has "special blood" in it? Special capillaries filter out certain things before it enters the brain because the brain has a very small range of tolerance, compared to the rest of our bodies --- which makes a lot of sense. I just thought it was really neat that the blood in our brains is so different from the blood in the rest of our bodies.
3. Going home, showering, and eating.
4. Going immediately to Sea Center to volunteer from 12:30 to 4.
5. Going straight to the church, arriving at 4:15.
6. Going to AJ Rangel's house to get me a costume to wear while helping with the Halloween Party for kids put on by the Knights of Columbus.
7. Going back to the church and managing the bowling portion of the party for about an hour-and-a-half STRAIGHT.
8. Going straight to Matt Cranley's house for a Halloween Party, during which I hid in Chad's costume (his box) while he wasn't wearing it for about an hour --- without anyone finding me. HA!
[By this time, it's after midnight.]
9. Going home after taking Elizabeth Blackwell home.
10. TALKING TO SARAH!
Dude, I started losing my voice at the church when I was managing the bowling game. Before I did the bowling, I helped with another game but switched with AJ because his Pope Leo costume kept knocking over the pins when he set them back up. During both games (for about 2 hours), the only pitch coming out of my mouth was very hight. "GREAT JOB!" "OH, SO CLOSE!" "Wow! 12 POINTS! That's the most anyone has gotten today!" "OK, one more shot!" "Don't forget to get your candy!" "I LOVE YOUR COSTUME!" "RAPHAEL IS MY FAVORITE NINJA TURTLE!" "OH MY GOSH! YOU GOT A SPARE! GREAT JOB!" "AW! That's OK! You did a GREAT JOB!" "MAN, you must have done this a lot, huh?!" "OOPS! You're too strong! Don't throw it so hard this time!"
*death* I had to set up 15 --- NOT 11 --- pins every time. And a few kids would bowl before I finished setting them up, so I had to REset them up. Agh. It was a great experience, but it was so horrible at the same time. I've decided I'm really good with kids when other people my age/adults aren't around. Honestly, I did a pretty darn good job. I loved seeing them smile and laugh with excitement. One little boy left his parents a lot (I think he's 2 or 3) and came over to get the bowling ball, so I got him to give it to the next bowler instead, even though he said, "No," when I told him to do it. It wasn't much of a problem; I just told him that it wasn't his turn yet and made him feel very good when he did the right thing: "OH WOW! Thank you so much, Luke! THANK YOU!" And then he'd clap and laugh with a giant smile on his face. Too cute. He eventually started handing me the pins when I was setting them up! How sweet!
Yeah, so this is long... And it's all about just one day. Crazy stoof. Anyway, I think I'm done for now.
ALL SAINTS' DAY = Holy Day of Obligation, for all you Catholics! ^_^
2 pairs of Starburst (Original)
3 packages of 3 Whoppers
1 "fun size" 100 Grand Bar
2 Milky Way bars
1 miniature package of Skittles (Original) --- She had 2, so she gave me 1!
2 Dums Dums Lollipops (Banana and Pink Lemonade)
1 miniature box of Hot Tamales (Cinnamon)
1.5 3 Musketeers bars (one extra mini and one mini)
5 rolls of Smarties (2 with Bible verses on them)
2 pieces of Dubble Bubble Bubblegum
1 miniature Crunch bar
1 green circular candy that Lizzie decided was a drug
1 orange Jawbreaker
Awesome...
I'm going to suck on my Jawbreaker now. Yay!
My Halloween consisted of this:
1. Going to Sociology at 8:10-ish, getting my last test back, and seeing that I got a 44 on it. Hey, I was gone for at least two classes-worth of notes for that test and was gone for the Review. She loves me; she's going to let me make it up. I have a feeling I'll get an A in her class no matter what, really. I'm one of the few people who actually treats her with respect, even though I'm gone a lot. ^_^
2. Going to Anatomy at 9:35, taking notes, and falling in love with the subject all over again. Did you know that our brain technically has "special blood" in it? Special capillaries filter out certain things before it enters the brain because the brain has a very small range of tolerance, compared to the rest of our bodies --- which makes a lot of sense. I just thought it was really neat that the blood in our brains is so different from the blood in the rest of our bodies.
3. Going home, showering, and eating.
4. Going immediately to Sea Center to volunteer from 12:30 to 4.
5. Going straight to the church, arriving at 4:15.
6. Going to AJ Rangel's house to get me a costume to wear while helping with the Halloween Party for kids put on by the Knights of Columbus.
7. Going back to the church and managing the bowling portion of the party for about an hour-and-a-half STRAIGHT.
8. Going straight to Matt Cranley's house for a Halloween Party, during which I hid in Chad's costume (his box) while he wasn't wearing it for about an hour --- without anyone finding me. HA!
[By this time, it's after midnight.]
9. Going home after taking Elizabeth Blackwell home.
10. TALKING TO SARAH!
Dude, I started losing my voice at the church when I was managing the bowling game. Before I did the bowling, I helped with another game but switched with AJ because his Pope Leo costume kept knocking over the pins when he set them back up. During both games (for about 2 hours), the only pitch coming out of my mouth was very hight. "GREAT JOB!" "OH, SO CLOSE!" "Wow! 12 POINTS! That's the most anyone has gotten today!" "OK, one more shot!" "Don't forget to get your candy!" "I LOVE YOUR COSTUME!" "RAPHAEL IS MY FAVORITE NINJA TURTLE!" "OH MY GOSH! YOU GOT A SPARE! GREAT JOB!" "AW! That's OK! You did a GREAT JOB!" "MAN, you must have done this a lot, huh?!" "OOPS! You're too strong! Don't throw it so hard this time!"
*death* I had to set up 15 --- NOT 11 --- pins every time. And a few kids would bowl before I finished setting them up, so I had to REset them up. Agh. It was a great experience, but it was so horrible at the same time. I've decided I'm really good with kids when other people my age/adults aren't around. Honestly, I did a pretty darn good job. I loved seeing them smile and laugh with excitement. One little boy left his parents a lot (I think he's 2 or 3) and came over to get the bowling ball, so I got him to give it to the next bowler instead, even though he said, "No," when I told him to do it. It wasn't much of a problem; I just told him that it wasn't his turn yet and made him feel very good when he did the right thing: "OH WOW! Thank you so much, Luke! THANK YOU!" And then he'd clap and laugh with a giant smile on his face. Too cute. He eventually started handing me the pins when I was setting them up! How sweet!
Yeah, so this is long... And it's all about just one day. Crazy stoof. Anyway, I think I'm done for now.
ALL SAINTS' DAY = Holy Day of Obligation, for all you Catholics! ^_^