miƩrcoles, agosto 09, 2006
It's been a while since I've posted. I guess I'll cover what's gone on since the last post.
First off, Sarah, as everyone knows, is gone. She'll be back December 15th. That's 128 days away. I spent the morning at her house on the Saturday that she left. We each got two chicken quesadillas from Taco Bell around 12:15AM and a large Dr Pepper to share. Then she packed, while I kept her from being distracted by the computer by using it. Bwahaha. Matt and Trevor called her while I was there; that was... interesting. Man... We left her house according to her suburban's clock at 4:33AM with the rest of her family; they were going to drop me off back at the church to finish the Discernment Retreat. I started tearing up on Lake Road, and the tears fell quickly. When we pulled up to the church, and Mr. Williams put the car in park, I just started bawling. I couldn't hold it in. Sarah and I got out of the car and just kinda ran to each other and started hugging. We cried on each other's shoulders and said our goodbyes. I watched her car leave. Mr. Cranley had been taking a walk outside (probably his "Rosary Walk") and had seen us, so he started comforting us before she left. Then Ms. Helen came to me after Sarah had gone, and I went straight to the Chapel. I knelt down, then laid down, and just cried. Within a minute, however, God had granted me peace, and I was only sniffling. I left to go change for bed (as if I could fall asleep!) and then went back to the Chapel and prayed. I thought of Sarah the whole time and eventually fell asleep in there. I probably got about thirty minutes to forty-five minutes of sleep the whole time. I cried during the day and left in the morning because I felt nauseous and kept crying; I didn't want to draw attention to myself, so Mrs. Cranley took me home. I went back after I got my haircut with Jenny and Patterson. I like how it turned out; it's the first actual styled haircut that I like.
Anyway, the Discernment Retreat was wonderful and at the perfect time, too. I still miss Sarah... Only 128 days to go... Time will fly. I hope.
In other news, I had my birthday nine days ago. People came to visit me and brought me tidings of great joy. Haha. Aka presents. ^_^ Trent Miles gave me a $20 gift certificate to Bath and Body works because I smell. Tiffany Chen, my neighbor and old friend (we're still friends), brought me fuzzy earrings (AWESOME!) and a wonderful book that will help me in college. It's about the Promises of Jesus. Matt Cranley brought me "Oreo Balls," the next day, which are the best things with almond extract I have ever tasted. Ohmygoodness... They're so gooooooood... I have four left, and I'm determined to ration them. Heh. Yeah right. He made them with Angela Gore and Erin Ondrey; they're all so sweet. A few days later, Ben White gave me a card from his parents (and him, sorta) with a $25 check for my graduation/birthday. The card and thought was very kind of them. Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday and gave me gifts. I love you, kids. ^_^ I couldn't have had a better birthday --- if I had to have one without Sarah...
I've been really busy and irritable lately. Plans come and don't go; it's all crazy. Christina, I'm really sorry how I've been acting. I don't want you to feel like I've been ignoring you or avoiding you; I just don't know how to act anymore because things are changing, and my schedule is ever-full. And then I don't want you to feel like I'm just "pencil-ing you in" because that would be wrong, so I don't know how to ask you to do things when I don't know if my schedule is going to stick or not. I don't know. Just know that I love you, even though we're somewhat distanced.
With Sarah being gone, everything is different. I'm different. Sometimes I get depressed, but I remind myself that I'll still see her again. And when I do, I'll give her the biggest bestest friendest hug in the whole widest world! We've been best friends since freshman year, though we've definitely hit some rocks and gone down some separate roads for a while. I firmly believe that our friendship will last. I'm not going to let this one die. Not this time.
There isn't really much else that I can think of. God is awesome, and things are working out. I need to register for classes, so I'm a little worried about that. I want to make sure I get good professors and that I get into the classes I need. I'm taking four sciences this semester:
Anatomy and Physiology I
Introduction to Chemistry I
General Psychology
Introdcutory Sociology
Disgusting, isn't it? Blegh. It's not like I want to... I have to.
OH! I just remembered my whole job dilemma, but I think I'll save that for another post. Whew...
First off, Sarah, as everyone knows, is gone. She'll be back December 15th. That's 128 days away. I spent the morning at her house on the Saturday that she left. We each got two chicken quesadillas from Taco Bell around 12:15AM and a large Dr Pepper to share. Then she packed, while I kept her from being distracted by the computer by using it. Bwahaha. Matt and Trevor called her while I was there; that was... interesting. Man... We left her house according to her suburban's clock at 4:33AM with the rest of her family; they were going to drop me off back at the church to finish the Discernment Retreat. I started tearing up on Lake Road, and the tears fell quickly. When we pulled up to the church, and Mr. Williams put the car in park, I just started bawling. I couldn't hold it in. Sarah and I got out of the car and just kinda ran to each other and started hugging. We cried on each other's shoulders and said our goodbyes. I watched her car leave. Mr. Cranley had been taking a walk outside (probably his "Rosary Walk") and had seen us, so he started comforting us before she left. Then Ms. Helen came to me after Sarah had gone, and I went straight to the Chapel. I knelt down, then laid down, and just cried. Within a minute, however, God had granted me peace, and I was only sniffling. I left to go change for bed (as if I could fall asleep!) and then went back to the Chapel and prayed. I thought of Sarah the whole time and eventually fell asleep in there. I probably got about thirty minutes to forty-five minutes of sleep the whole time. I cried during the day and left in the morning because I felt nauseous and kept crying; I didn't want to draw attention to myself, so Mrs. Cranley took me home. I went back after I got my haircut with Jenny and Patterson. I like how it turned out; it's the first actual styled haircut that I like.
Anyway, the Discernment Retreat was wonderful and at the perfect time, too. I still miss Sarah... Only 128 days to go... Time will fly. I hope.
In other news, I had my birthday nine days ago. People came to visit me and brought me tidings of great joy. Haha. Aka presents. ^_^ Trent Miles gave me a $20 gift certificate to Bath and Body works because I smell. Tiffany Chen, my neighbor and old friend (we're still friends), brought me fuzzy earrings (AWESOME!) and a wonderful book that will help me in college. It's about the Promises of Jesus. Matt Cranley brought me "Oreo Balls," the next day, which are the best things with almond extract I have ever tasted. Ohmygoodness... They're so gooooooood... I have four left, and I'm determined to ration them. Heh. Yeah right. He made them with Angela Gore and Erin Ondrey; they're all so sweet. A few days later, Ben White gave me a card from his parents (and him, sorta) with a $25 check for my graduation/birthday. The card and thought was very kind of them. Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday and gave me gifts. I love you, kids. ^_^ I couldn't have had a better birthday --- if I had to have one without Sarah...
I've been really busy and irritable lately. Plans come and don't go; it's all crazy. Christina, I'm really sorry how I've been acting. I don't want you to feel like I've been ignoring you or avoiding you; I just don't know how to act anymore because things are changing, and my schedule is ever-full. And then I don't want you to feel like I'm just "pencil-ing you in" because that would be wrong, so I don't know how to ask you to do things when I don't know if my schedule is going to stick or not. I don't know. Just know that I love you, even though we're somewhat distanced.
With Sarah being gone, everything is different. I'm different. Sometimes I get depressed, but I remind myself that I'll still see her again. And when I do, I'll give her the biggest bestest friendest hug in the whole widest world! We've been best friends since freshman year, though we've definitely hit some rocks and gone down some separate roads for a while. I firmly believe that our friendship will last. I'm not going to let this one die. Not this time.
There isn't really much else that I can think of. God is awesome, and things are working out. I need to register for classes, so I'm a little worried about that. I want to make sure I get good professors and that I get into the classes I need. I'm taking four sciences this semester:
Anatomy and Physiology I
Introduction to Chemistry I
General Psychology
Introdcutory Sociology
Disgusting, isn't it? Blegh. It's not like I want to... I have to.
OH! I just remembered my whole job dilemma, but I think I'll save that for another post. Whew...