domingo, julio 23, 2006
Okay, Trevor, here you go.
"Crazy stuff" was just a phrase used to describe everything I didn't mention in the post.
Well, gathering so many addresses, phone numbers, etc. was difficult but worth it, I think. Then making plans, waiting on plans, making invitations, addressing envelopes, calling people, and all that jazz was just as much of a blast. I left for Mission trip for a week... Wait. I have to put this on here:
AJ: "*pounds on keyboard*"
Rachel: "Austin, don't! You're going to hurt the keyboard. ...And I have a thing for keyboards."
I said that in all seriousness. Wow.
Anyway, I left for Mission and talked to my mom about the Reunion on my cell phone while I was there (during free time). She would inform me of who had responded, etc. When I got home, I had one week to prepare. I also had work a couple days. July 19th was the deadline to RSVP. On the 20th, I had to call everyone who hadn't responded, and some people hadn't even received the invitation. So I had to find more phone numbers. People RSVP-ed on the 20th and even the 21st... I went shopping for the thing on Friday and ordered a cake.
I hung out with Monica Thursday night and half of Friday (she went shopping with me). Because this is probably my last time to see her ever, she and I went to see The Devil Wears Prada Friday night. I felt somewhat guilty because Christina was having the Star Wars Marathon that day, but I know my mom wouldn't have let me go to that on Friday night because she would have thought I was ignoring the OLQP Reunion business. By being with Monica, she knew that I was still focused. After all, Monica was one of my best friends when I was a kid at OLQP.
After the movie, I dropped Monica off at her aunt's house, went home for something (to change my shirt, I think), and then went to Christina's house and got there around 1 to find that I had just missed Trevor and only Sarah and Christina were still awake. We didn't even watch Star Wars. We played Imaginiff. Sarah got a call from Aaron Greiger and talked to him for forever, but it was kinda fun at first. Then she got a call from Brewster and talked to him even after I left. I left because I was rather annoyed; Brewster's condition didn't make me feel very happy or comfortable either, though Sarah quite enjoyed it. I asked her why she was even talking to him when he was like that: "Because I'm his friend, and I care about him," or something like that. Which made me angrier. It could have been worse, yeah, but what does that matter? It still wasn't good, was it?
I left, aggrivated, and went home. I shouldn't have even gone over there because I needed to go to bed, since I had to get up early the next morning for the Reunion. Oh, and I had to finish the linens for church (the other work took place on Thursday for that, I believe), which I'm going to return after this post. It just made it worse that Sarah barely even talked to us while I was there. I mean, I came at 1 in the morning, and she was about to pass out from exhaustion. Then she got a couple phone calls and was very awake. I got home, checked e-mails, went to sleep, woke up at I-don't-remember-when, ironed/folded the linens, bought aluminum foil (that we didn't even use), then bought ice, loaded the 3 coolers up with hotdos, potatoe salad, water, and Diet Coke. I got Travis to help me load the coolers. I changed clothes, was red in the face, and left to meet Monica and Brady at the Paul Pool. They helped unload the stuff, we set it up, and then we went swimming while waiting on others to show up. No more busy work.
Clean-up was easy. Then I went home, showered, changed, went and picked up the cake at Wal-Mart, put it in the fridge at home, dried my hair, then went and met the OLQP people at Chili's for dinner at 6:45. Then I went home, gathered everything up for the evening, took off for the school with Lizzie, realized half-way that I'd forgotten the cake, went back and got the cake, and showed up at the school twenty minutes after almost everyone had gotten there. I felt like the evening was kinda lame, but everyone got to talk to each other, so it was cool.
I don't think Mr. and Mrs. Normand were very happy to be there. (They were the adults I had to get to chaperone at the last minute.) I felt really bad for asking them; they seemed aggrivated with me...
After the clean-up was done, we gathered outside the gym and talked about what to do next for about ten minutes. The decision was made, and we were going to go to Austin Wolc's house, but there was a possibility of alcohol there, and Monica, Brady, and I didn't like that, nor were we interested in the movie. Austin assured me that he wouldn't bring out the alcohol until after the movie, in order to give everyone who didn't want it there a chance to leave. Monica called me and told me that she and Brady weren't going to go, so I offered them to come to my house and watch a DVD there. So we did. We watched Malibu's Most Wanted.
Then they left, and I fell asleep on the couch very soon after that. I woke up at 7AM, set my alarm for Mass, and went back to sleep. Then I woke up at 8AM and decided to go sleep on my bed upstairs. I discovered then that I had started my period for the second time this month. I know you wanted to know that.
I finally got out of bed and went to Mass. Then Mendoza's. Now I'm going to drop off the linens, then shower, then go to Jason Arrants's house at 4 (after I pick up Monica) for his Going Away Party. He leaves for Army Boot Camp on Wednesday...
And THAT was just about the Reunion.
"Crazy stuff" was just a phrase used to describe everything I didn't mention in the post.
Well, gathering so many addresses, phone numbers, etc. was difficult but worth it, I think. Then making plans, waiting on plans, making invitations, addressing envelopes, calling people, and all that jazz was just as much of a blast. I left for Mission trip for a week... Wait. I have to put this on here:
AJ: "*pounds on keyboard*"
Rachel: "Austin, don't! You're going to hurt the keyboard. ...And I have a thing for keyboards."
I said that in all seriousness. Wow.
Anyway, I left for Mission and talked to my mom about the Reunion on my cell phone while I was there (during free time). She would inform me of who had responded, etc. When I got home, I had one week to prepare. I also had work a couple days. July 19th was the deadline to RSVP. On the 20th, I had to call everyone who hadn't responded, and some people hadn't even received the invitation. So I had to find more phone numbers. People RSVP-ed on the 20th and even the 21st... I went shopping for the thing on Friday and ordered a cake.
I hung out with Monica Thursday night and half of Friday (she went shopping with me). Because this is probably my last time to see her ever, she and I went to see The Devil Wears Prada Friday night. I felt somewhat guilty because Christina was having the Star Wars Marathon that day, but I know my mom wouldn't have let me go to that on Friday night because she would have thought I was ignoring the OLQP Reunion business. By being with Monica, she knew that I was still focused. After all, Monica was one of my best friends when I was a kid at OLQP.
After the movie, I dropped Monica off at her aunt's house, went home for something (to change my shirt, I think), and then went to Christina's house and got there around 1 to find that I had just missed Trevor and only Sarah and Christina were still awake. We didn't even watch Star Wars. We played Imaginiff. Sarah got a call from Aaron Greiger and talked to him for forever, but it was kinda fun at first. Then she got a call from Brewster and talked to him even after I left. I left because I was rather annoyed; Brewster's condition didn't make me feel very happy or comfortable either, though Sarah quite enjoyed it. I asked her why she was even talking to him when he was like that: "Because I'm his friend, and I care about him," or something like that. Which made me angrier. It could have been worse, yeah, but what does that matter? It still wasn't good, was it?
I left, aggrivated, and went home. I shouldn't have even gone over there because I needed to go to bed, since I had to get up early the next morning for the Reunion. Oh, and I had to finish the linens for church (the other work took place on Thursday for that, I believe), which I'm going to return after this post. It just made it worse that Sarah barely even talked to us while I was there. I mean, I came at 1 in the morning, and she was about to pass out from exhaustion. Then she got a couple phone calls and was very awake. I got home, checked e-mails, went to sleep, woke up at I-don't-remember-when, ironed/folded the linens, bought aluminum foil (that we didn't even use), then bought ice, loaded the 3 coolers up with hotdos, potatoe salad, water, and Diet Coke. I got Travis to help me load the coolers. I changed clothes, was red in the face, and left to meet Monica and Brady at the Paul Pool. They helped unload the stuff, we set it up, and then we went swimming while waiting on others to show up. No more busy work.
Clean-up was easy. Then I went home, showered, changed, went and picked up the cake at Wal-Mart, put it in the fridge at home, dried my hair, then went and met the OLQP people at Chili's for dinner at 6:45. Then I went home, gathered everything up for the evening, took off for the school with Lizzie, realized half-way that I'd forgotten the cake, went back and got the cake, and showed up at the school twenty minutes after almost everyone had gotten there. I felt like the evening was kinda lame, but everyone got to talk to each other, so it was cool.
I don't think Mr. and Mrs. Normand were very happy to be there. (They were the adults I had to get to chaperone at the last minute.) I felt really bad for asking them; they seemed aggrivated with me...
After the clean-up was done, we gathered outside the gym and talked about what to do next for about ten minutes. The decision was made, and we were going to go to Austin Wolc's house, but there was a possibility of alcohol there, and Monica, Brady, and I didn't like that, nor were we interested in the movie. Austin assured me that he wouldn't bring out the alcohol until after the movie, in order to give everyone who didn't want it there a chance to leave. Monica called me and told me that she and Brady weren't going to go, so I offered them to come to my house and watch a DVD there. So we did. We watched Malibu's Most Wanted.
Then they left, and I fell asleep on the couch very soon after that. I woke up at 7AM, set my alarm for Mass, and went back to sleep. Then I woke up at 8AM and decided to go sleep on my bed upstairs. I discovered then that I had started my period for the second time this month. I know you wanted to know that.
I finally got out of bed and went to Mass. Then Mendoza's. Now I'm going to drop off the linens, then shower, then go to Jason Arrants's house at 4 (after I pick up Monica) for his Going Away Party. He leaves for Army Boot Camp on Wednesday...
And THAT was just about the Reunion.