jueves, abril 27, 2006
I just got off the phone with Christina. I'm about to go to bed because I'm sooooooo sleepy, but I want to put this out there first.
Today was, by far, one of the most interesting days of the year. I got drug-tested, as I explained in the previous post. But I also got something else: my ACT scores. Dun dun dun...
Let's discuss my history of standardized tests first, shall we? I took the SAT three times, and my first score was the highest. I was ten points away from getting the automatic academic scholarship to Franciscan. Even if I added my highest scores, I was still ten points away. I was very discouraged. Finally, I decided to sign up for the ACT. I took it on April 8, Prom day. I had no idea what to expect. I was already expecting to do badly.
As it turns out... I got high enough for the scholarship. WAHOOOOOOOOO! I owe all of it to God, fo' sho'. I never could have done it without His Help. Praise God! I'm incredibly happy, even though my face is practically numb because of the exhaustion. Man... Good stuff. Good stuff... I don't know exactly how much I'll get, but I'm thinking about $5,000. I'm thinking somewhere between $4,000 and $6,000. *shrugs* No matter what, I'm very very very very very happy.
"Thanks be to God. Alleluia. Alleluia."
Today was, by far, one of the most interesting days of the year. I got drug-tested, as I explained in the previous post. But I also got something else: my ACT scores. Dun dun dun...
Let's discuss my history of standardized tests first, shall we? I took the SAT three times, and my first score was the highest. I was ten points away from getting the automatic academic scholarship to Franciscan. Even if I added my highest scores, I was still ten points away. I was very discouraged. Finally, I decided to sign up for the ACT. I took it on April 8, Prom day. I had no idea what to expect. I was already expecting to do badly.
As it turns out... I got high enough for the scholarship. WAHOOOOOOOOO! I owe all of it to God, fo' sho'. I never could have done it without His Help. Praise God! I'm incredibly happy, even though my face is practically numb because of the exhaustion. Man... Good stuff. Good stuff... I don't know exactly how much I'll get, but I'm thinking about $5,000. I'm thinking somewhere between $4,000 and $6,000. *shrugs* No matter what, I'm very very very very very happy.
"Thanks be to God. Alleluia. Alleluia."