sábado, septiembre 17, 2005
Dear Mr. Catfish
Dear Mr. Catfish,
You're looking so pained.
Are you just asleep?
Are you just drained?
I see you;
I see you floating,
Helpless.
Your eyes are coated:
White film; no view.
What caused this, dear fish?
What happened to you?
I see you;
I see you floating,
Hopeless.
Flies have swarmed.
A hungry turtle has arrived.
How can you take this?
How can you be deprived?
I see you;
I see you floating,
Betrayed.
You were once shiny,
But they have eaten you dull.
Where is your heart, sir?
Where is your soul?
I see you;
I see you floating,
Degraded.
The day gets later;
You can feel it in the air.
Why haven't you moved yet?
Why are you still there?
I see you;
I see you floating,
Defenseless.
I can't take it anymore;
This sight is too wrong.
How long have you lied there?
Mr. Catfish? How long?
I see you;
I see you floating,
Lifeless...
Dear Mr. Catfish,
You're looking so pained.
Are you just asleep?
Are you just drained?
I see you;
I see you floating,
Helpless.
Your eyes are coated:
White film; no view.
What caused this, dear fish?
What happened to you?
I see you;
I see you floating,
Hopeless.
Flies have swarmed.
A hungry turtle has arrived.
How can you take this?
How can you be deprived?
I see you;
I see you floating,
Betrayed.
You were once shiny,
But they have eaten you dull.
Where is your heart, sir?
Where is your soul?
I see you;
I see you floating,
Degraded.
The day gets later;
You can feel it in the air.
Why haven't you moved yet?
Why are you still there?
I see you;
I see you floating,
Defenseless.
I can't take it anymore;
This sight is too wrong.
How long have you lied there?
Mr. Catfish? How long?
I see you;
I see you floating,
Lifeless...