domingo, agosto 14, 2005
I would like to keep record of my victory, so I am going to make a blog post about it.
Travis and I started trying to bargain with each other about video games a few hours ago. He had kept Mario Tennis - a game I bought - with him, while I kept Perfect Dark - a game he bought - with me. I decided that I might want Mario Tennis back. Then Travis decided that he might want Perfect Dark back to spite me. (If I got Mario Tennis, he got Perfect Dark.) Now, Travis is a smart guy, so he knew I didn't want to let go of Perfect Dark. Travis was willing to bargain with me to keep Mario Tennis with him. It was obvious that it was somehow important to him to have that game. I thought about games I would want to keep here for him to keep keeping Mario Tennis. I decided Super Smash Brothers (for Gamecube) would be most satisfying. Travis didn't really want to let go of that game, of course. He decided that he would give me Super Smash Brothers if he could keep Mario Tennis and also TAKE BACK Perfect Dark. That kinda ruins the point. I want Perfect Dark AND Super Smash Brothers, or else I'd want Mario Tennis AND Super Smash Brothers. I knew it wasn't completely fair for me to ask Travis to have both PD and SSB, but that's what I wanted. Travis has at least 40 other video games, so I figured he could spare both PD and SSB, right? Right. However, he loves SSB and didn't want to give it up. I then decided that "Fine, I'll just take Mario Tennis back." Travis, trying to be sneaky, said in the same tone of voice that he would just take back Perfect Dark because it was his game. I told him that would be fine with me, knowing that he didn't want that. Of course, his reverse psychology didn't work with me, so he brought up the point that the memory card on the Gamecube here is his. I laughed, applauded him, and told him he was a jerk. I would only want that memory card because I would want to continue saving my progress on Donkey Konga. However, it isn't so important to me because I can still PLAY the game without a memory card. Travis knew it wasn't working, so the bargaining kept going. He finally gave in and is going to let me keep SSB AND PD for as long as I want (pretty much) so long as he keeps Mario Tennis. Hehe, that's exactly what I wanted. He knew I won, but apparently Mario Tennis is very vital to his and his friend's schedules. They play that game all the time, mainly when friends go over to their apartment on the weekends. Mwahahahaha. I'm happy. I think Travis is also going to leave another Gamecube controller. Thankfully, he FOUND THE GAMES THAT HAD BEEN MISSING. He thinks he may have hid them a long time ago to protect them from "us" (those who would mess up/lose his games) and then forgot that he hid them. He declared them lost, and I made that post a while back on how he was going to take Perfect Dark. He found his Mario Kart, Goldeneye 007, and both of his Zelda games. Thank goodness.
Travis and I started trying to bargain with each other about video games a few hours ago. He had kept Mario Tennis - a game I bought - with him, while I kept Perfect Dark - a game he bought - with me. I decided that I might want Mario Tennis back. Then Travis decided that he might want Perfect Dark back to spite me. (If I got Mario Tennis, he got Perfect Dark.) Now, Travis is a smart guy, so he knew I didn't want to let go of Perfect Dark. Travis was willing to bargain with me to keep Mario Tennis with him. It was obvious that it was somehow important to him to have that game. I thought about games I would want to keep here for him to keep keeping Mario Tennis. I decided Super Smash Brothers (for Gamecube) would be most satisfying. Travis didn't really want to let go of that game, of course. He decided that he would give me Super Smash Brothers if he could keep Mario Tennis and also TAKE BACK Perfect Dark. That kinda ruins the point. I want Perfect Dark AND Super Smash Brothers, or else I'd want Mario Tennis AND Super Smash Brothers. I knew it wasn't completely fair for me to ask Travis to have both PD and SSB, but that's what I wanted. Travis has at least 40 other video games, so I figured he could spare both PD and SSB, right? Right. However, he loves SSB and didn't want to give it up. I then decided that "Fine, I'll just take Mario Tennis back." Travis, trying to be sneaky, said in the same tone of voice that he would just take back Perfect Dark because it was his game. I told him that would be fine with me, knowing that he didn't want that. Of course, his reverse psychology didn't work with me, so he brought up the point that the memory card on the Gamecube here is his. I laughed, applauded him, and told him he was a jerk. I would only want that memory card because I would want to continue saving my progress on Donkey Konga. However, it isn't so important to me because I can still PLAY the game without a memory card. Travis knew it wasn't working, so the bargaining kept going. He finally gave in and is going to let me keep SSB AND PD for as long as I want (pretty much) so long as he keeps Mario Tennis. Hehe, that's exactly what I wanted. He knew I won, but apparently Mario Tennis is very vital to his and his friend's schedules. They play that game all the time, mainly when friends go over to their apartment on the weekends. Mwahahahaha. I'm happy. I think Travis is also going to leave another Gamecube controller. Thankfully, he FOUND THE GAMES THAT HAD BEEN MISSING. He thinks he may have hid them a long time ago to protect them from "us" (those who would mess up/lose his games) and then forgot that he hid them. He declared them lost, and I made that post a while back on how he was going to take Perfect Dark. He found his Mario Kart, Goldeneye 007, and both of his Zelda games. Thank goodness.