jueves, julio 28, 2005
Guess what!! It looks as though I'm going to get TWO new hearing aids. Well, a new one for the left and my first one for the right ear. Apparently my hearing in my right ear has declined a bit. That's not good news. But the good news is that I get those hearing aids, hopefully. My dad might not want to pay for them. I'm actually wearing my analog hearing aid right now. It's been a loooooong time. Why don't I wear it? Well, let's just say I had a traumatic experience in fifth grade. That about sums it up. I would be getting CIC hearing aids, which are phenominal. They actually SCAN my surroundings and are able to pick out the sound I should be hearing. The best example for that is in a classroom or auditorium. The hearing aid would basically tune out the murmuring and mumbling of students and pick up the sound of the teacher or speaker. Isn't that amazing? Also, if I entered a noisy room, the hearing aid would lower the volume by itself; if I entered a quiet room, the hearing aid would raise the volume by itself. Of course, I'd have TWO of them, not just one. The hearing aids have three programs: one for an auditorium type of surrounding, one for a restaurant type of surrounding, and one for a house/home type of surrounding. The only thing I would have to do is push the buttons for the program, and the hearing aids would do the rest of the work for me. Also, they're practically invisible when I wear them because they fit INSIDE my ear. The picture I saw of the CIC hearing aid... er... well, I couldn't actually SEE the hearing aid. The way to get the hearing aids out are with the tags. And they're clear, I think. The tags are little string things with a ball attached to the end (on each hearing aid) that I pull to take out each hearing aid. They are incredible. The lady who gave me my hearing test today and told me about these CIC hearing aids is going to send off an order for them tomorrow morning, and they should arrive in about a week to two weeks. I'll get a 60-day trial with them, like I did with my current hearing aid. The only problem with these hearing aids is that they're kinda expensive: $4,500 total (without tax, that is). Yeah... The one I have now was almost $1,000. I have my hearing test results, and they're pretty interesting. They look strange, but the awesome lady explained them to me, so I'm able to explain them to other people if you want to see them. It's kinda cool but sad at the same time. :c/ Oooookay, long post.