*Sleeping Insomniac*
this is a blog that contains stuff about stuff:
jueves, junio 09, 2005
Okay, next on camp events: Crazy Olympics.

Well, the campers were split up into teams and had to do a series of activities. The counselors picked teams to coach (about three to a team; four teams?) The teams had to choose certain people to do certain tasks. The first person had to find two items in the pool and give them to the next person. That next person would be blind-folded and be guided by mouth to where the beach balls were. After they obtained a beach ball, they were to bring it to the sack race area. After the sack race, the campers would bring the items from the pool, the beach ball, and the sack to the canoe area. Three campers from each team would get in the canoe, go around the island thingy (long distance), and come back. They were to give all of the items they'd collected (pool items, beach ball, sack, and life jacket) to the three-legged race area. All items were placed in the sack - if not done so already - and given to someone doing the three-legged race on their team. (The three-legged race had three people with their feet slipped into ropes on two boards that were long enough for all three people to fit on with ropes attached so that the campers could hold onto them for balance.) After the three-legged race was completed, the items were given to the designated runner who ran all the way back to the pool area for the finish. Well, my team had actually won, but since our runner didn't know she was missing an item, someone brought it to her later in the run. She completed the race with all of the items, but didn't have them all the way through, so our team was unfairly disqualified. Stinkiness. Oh well. Now the counselors were a team, the campers that won were a team, and the adults were a team. I did the blind-folding thing with Abby as my guide. I ran most of the way, despite the fact that I could have slit open my shin if I hit one of the many wooden poles sticked up. After I did that, I ran and waited to do my second activity, which was the canoeing. All I did was sit in the middle because they needed someone light to sit there, although I wasn't the lightest of the counselors... They didn't care. But anyway, Ben White was in the front of the canoe, and Sean Matherne was in the back. We were ahead of the adults, but the campers (since they cheated) were ahead of us. We remained in second through the rest of the race. Darn those campers. They really did cheat, but we didn't really care. It just bugged me how they tried to rub it in our faces when they "beat" us. *rolls eyes*