*Sleeping Insomniac*
this is a blog that contains stuff about stuff:
martes, junio 14, 2005
I went to that "Discerning God's Will in Your Everyday Life" retreat from Friday night (6:00) until Saturday night. No sleepover was necessary, so I went back home to sleep and came back Saturday morning at 8:45. Well, I had a ton of fun. It was awesome. It was my first retreat to go on, and it was so cool. I learned a lot from all of the adults and from my peers. Go here: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/bubbrubb.html and watch the KRON4 News video. Then listen to the Bubb Rubb "Woo Woo" song. A few of us went and watched those on one of the computers during a break. They're funny.

Anyway, after I got home on Friday night (after 10:30), Lizzie and her friends wanted to dye their hair. My mom had bought them some hair dye earlier because their parents had said it would be okay, since it's only temporary. Lizzie and her friend, Andrea (pronounced "On-dray-uh") Vargas, got Chilled Plum. Her other friend, Leah Page, got some sort of orange or red. Ivanna Martinez didn't want to mess up her hair, so she didn't dye it. Lizzie told Julie she would pay her ten dollars if she dyed her hair whatever color Lizzie chose for her. Julie, desperate for money, agreed. They got her another orange-ish color. Ivanna dyed Leah's hair, and the other two girls didn't really like the job she did (because she got too much of it on Leah's face), so Andrea asked me to do hers. I did, and it turned out very well in all of our opinions. (Leah's still turned out well, too, even though not all of her hair was colored. Her hair is so long that they needed two cans but only got one.) I did Lizzie's next, and it turned out very well also. Hers showed up a LOT. The dye will last 8-10 days/showers. I didn't dye my hair, of course, because I was too chicken. I don't want to lose my hair color... Well, I didn't go to bed until 5:00AM on Sunday morning. Yays.

Since we went to Mass on Saturday evening and went to Confession before-hand, we had the whole Sunday to do the retreat. We talked about the importance of prayer, discussed many Bible verses, talked about the importance of God in our everyday lives (duh), and went over all sorts of stuff together. It was very interesting and fun. It was serious but awesome. I didn't get home until it was almost midnight.

I'm looking forward to helping with the freshman retreat. The seniors get to put it on for them. That should be fun also. :c)