*Sleeping Insomniac*
this is a blog that contains stuff about stuff:
jueves, abril 28, 2005
Well, I said I would make a post on Tuesday about me playing Perfect Dark. So here it is; it isn't a very long story. But with me... who knows?

Alright, I get home from school and blow of doing homework. I ate some food and turned on the TV in the living room to play some Perfect Dark. I plug in the N64, turn on the game, go to my file (Ralie --> Julie + Rachel = Ralie), and accept the first mission on Perfect Agent, the highest and hardest level (First is Agent, second is Special Agent, and the third is Perfect Agent). I complete the first three of the five objectives without losing ANY health. Sweet. The fourth and fifth objectives are the hard one... Well, I get to the bottom floor of the stage and start shooting the dudes swarming around me. I lose a LOT of health. Like, I was getting close to the red. I attempt to complete the fourth objective.

Well, I stupidly forget which door is for the fourth objective and which door is for the fifth. I decide to go to the door on the left side of the floor. I crouch down, hide behind the wall, inch myself over so that I can see a dude, aim for his head, and get a headshot. One down. I have to shut the door immediately because all the dudes are going to be coming after me. I stay crouched and wait for them to come get me. One guy comes out; I shoot him in the knees and stomach until he dies. I was fortunately able to dodge his kicks. A couple more guys come out; I kill them. One more guy comes out (I think); I kill him. I lose NO health at this part. I get back up from my crouching position, go through the door, make sure no one is still alive in the room, and lay the ECM Mine on the computer thingy. Objective 4 complete. Mwahahaha. I still have to do the fifth objective.

I pause the game and tell Julie (who is on the computer) that I might actually beat the first mission on Perfect [Agent]. She doubts me. Ouch. I ponder over which strategy to use. Do I open the door, shoot randomly, hope no one shoots me enough to kill me, and run for the elevator door? Or do I do the stealthy attack? Julie doesn't think I have enough health to run through. Neither do I. Arg. I have to do the stealthy attack and still risk dying. Well, I crouch down, hide behind the wall, inch myself over so that I can see a dude, and OH CRUD -- "Come on." Crud monkeys. He sees me. He starts running towards me; I close the door and cower. He opens the door; I shoot him. He kicks me; I'm somewhat blinded. I finally kill him as another dude is coming out. Crud monkeys again. I shoot at him; he kicks me; I'm somewhat more blinded. ANOTHER dude comes out. Now I have two. I'm shooting at both of them. My health is going down as I get shot (once or twice, I think). I am able to take one guy out. Crud. I'm pretty sure another dude came out at this time. I still have two. *SuCcEsS* I am able to take them both out. "Am... am I alive? ...Are there any more? Ohmygoogles! I think I've done it!"

Yeah, and then a dude comes out and kills me.

Crud.

Not really. Mwahahahaha.

So I go in through the door, look around me -- And the coast is CLEAR. YES! I call Julie in, and she watches me walk proudly to the elevator door. I winned. Aw right. Giggity giggity. Sheesh, it only took me 15 minutes. >.O