lunes, septiembre 13, 2004
Okay, so Pre-Cal today... Well, we did TAKS Objectives. Those are ridiculously pointless. Then we got our tests back. I lost one point because I'm stupid. So I got a 99, BUT I got the Bonus question correct, so I should have gotten ten more points (yeah, I know -- awesome, eh?). But no - I didn't show the possible zeroes for the equation, so I didn't get the ten points. I had the right answer, showed the two synthetic division problems and the quadratic equation to get the zeroes/roots of the funtion. Just because I didn't show the possibles, I didn't get the ten points. I didn't think it mattered (she didnt't say we had to show it), so I typed the function into my graphing calculator, got the first zero, and went from there. I asked her (Mrs. Watson; she's a sub for at least the first six weeks for Mr. Hendrick) about it, and she said she'd "re-evaluate" it. I was just so mad. I should have a 109 as a test grade, along with my 100's on the two quizzes and the 100 that I should get for my Notebook. I also did the homework that she said would count as extra credit. (Apparently most people didn't understand the homework, so those who did it all get extra credit.) I've had a great start in Pre-Cal, haven't I? I'm pretty satisfied, as long as I get my extra credit, that is. However, I am pretty upset with myself because of the stupid mistake that kept me from getting a 100. I had to tell the intervals of increasing and decreasing. I got everything right, except that I put -1.82 as the start of the increasing instead of negative infinity. (I put where the function crossed the x-axis because I'm an idiot.) Ugh! I'm just so stupid. I hate myself when I do that stuff. Arg. Man, I really should be reading The Scarlet Letter right now. I guess I'll try and get myself to do that...