*Sleeping Insomniac*
this is a blog that contains stuff about stuff:
domingo, agosto 15, 2004
Since Trevor wants to laugh at me, I'll tell another story. This time it's about me.
---As many of you know, I am short for my age. Part of that is because I have a neck and a back problem. When I was born, my head was leaned on one of my shoulders. Because of that, I have minor scoliosis . I am unable to turn my head to the right as much as the average person can. Apparently my shoulders are uneven, and my head is off-centered. The bones in my neck are messed up, too. I was told that I shouldn't play any contact sports. When I refused to quit soccer, they told me just not to head the ball. Too bad - I still do. Also because of all of this, I am almost completely deaf in one ear. A couple bones in my left ear were messed up at the time of my birth, causing a rather large hearing disability. I sure hope you're laughing at all of this, Trevor. Many people ask me if my neck hurts because I'm not turning it to the right very much. I didn't realize how obvious it was. Lisa Shockley's mother just asked me the other night.
---As a baby and young child, I would have black-outs. My parents said that I would be crying, and then all of a sudden I'd pass out. Then they'd rush me to the hospital. One time I almost died because I blacked out in the bathtub with Julie. Apparently she hit me, I hit the side of the tub, and fell in. My mom said that she didn't do anything about it. My mom heard a loud thud and rushed to the bathroom where she found me in the water. Funny, isn't it, Trevor? I don't know how old I was when I stopped blacking out. I don't even remember these happenings.