lunes, julio 19, 2004
Well... I am bored... Scott is in Dallas at soccer camp, and Sarah is in Mexico on a Mission trip. OH! - That reminds me. I must tell the story of Dairy Queen. Alright, well I'm on my way back to Lake Jackson from my Mission trip in the valley with Julie and our carpool drivers (Alex and Melissa Bovee) when we decide to stop at a Dairy Queen in the middle of nowhere along with the Castello carpool. I'm standing in the bathroom by the sinks because all the stalls are filled and I hear this laugh outside the door. I'm thinking to myself as the door opens, "Man, that sounds like Sarah's laugh... I miss my Sarah..." A head peeks in from behind the door, and - oh my freakin' gosh - it's SARAH!! I thought I was dreaming because we were in the middle of nowhere. It was crazy! So we went and ordered our food. As it turns out, Sarah's church group had stopped at the Dairy Queen for some food, too, so Julie Strickland, Lisa Chapa, Kevin Gibbons, Patrick Prescott, and other peoples from her church were there. There are about 12 people in Sarah's church group on the Mission right now. There were 104 of us or so. We had an awesome turnout. It was great. Our final count for the VBS kids was 118, I think. We worked on 9 or 10 houses, too. I had a lot of fun. I'm almost got rid of my soccer tan, too. Micheal Land put primer on Julie's arm, and she got a sunburn. After she got out of the shower later that day, she noticed that the part of her skin that had had the primer on it was completely different from the rest of her arm (and it'll be like that for a while). I just laughed at her. I'm bored...