*Sleeping Insomniac*
this is a blog that contains stuff about stuff:
miƩrcoles, enero 21, 2004
Pobrecita Sarah. I didn't see you at school today either... I think I shall call you after this. I shouldn't be on the computer right now b/c I have a Chemistry test tomorrow, almost all of my Chemistry guided reading, another Chemistry review thingy, long Spanish homework, and a little over two chapters to read in TOTC for an English quiz tomorrow... *cries* Wow... that's a lot. *crying continues* Shoot monkeys! (that means you, Trevor) I hate school... Oh well. Today is Wednesday, tomorrow is Thursday, and then it will be Friday, Friday, somethin' somethin' Friday! haha. Mrs. Bindlish did that one time in Chemistry last semester. She asked how "Miss Julie" (me) was, and I said something about how I wasn't so good b/c it was Monday. So she told me that everything will be okay b/c tomorrow would be Tuesday, then it would be Wednesday, then Thursday, and then it would be (she starts making a beat as in a song) Friday! Friday! somethin' somethin' (I don't remember what she said, but I know the tune) Friday! Yeah... Okay, Rachel... Anyway, we lost to the freshmen today in a scrimmage. I don't think I did so badly... We had 10 people playing today from our team, then we borrowed a freshman, then Jessica played (so we had 11). Ugh... Our people couldn't get the ball to the left side, so Mallory Wampler and I are just kinda hangin' out over there... waiting... I'm calling for the ball... I've got wide open space... Sheesh. "Dude! Switch the ball over there! *points to Mallory on the left side*" That was me yelling that. haha. "Dude." Yup... Then this freshman girl, Laura Finnley (or however you spell it; she's on JV with us), would get the ball and take it right over to the right side or hit it to the right side. I'm thinkin' "Wow - is she stupid or blind?" (now I'm thinking both... oooooooooo) The freshmen scored when they were offsides, but Coach Hairston was still mad. They had a lot of subs and we had none, but they still shouldn't have been on our side of the field. So after the scrimmage, Coach Hairston calls us over and says, "Take eight laps around the field. Go." Uh... sure... So we took off jogging (slowly, mind you). I did half a lap, and my calves just went evil... After one I'm thinking, "I'm going to pass out when we finish this second one." Then after two, "I'm going to pass out after we finish this third one." Then after three, "I hate you calves! I hate you! AHHHHHHHH!" We did four laps, and she told us to walk one, then go to the bleachers. Phew! So I'm in the back of the line of like 11 girls. I had been crying while we were jogging b/c my calves hurt so much. Maybe Coach Hairston saw me (I was trying to hide it though), and that's why she let us stop and walk one. I don't know, but my calves were getting better and then getting worse over and over while we were walking. It was crazy. I put Icy Hot on them today before practice, but they never went hot... It went cold, but I never felt it get hot. Someone said I felt warm today though. I don't think that's a good sign. Oh well. My legs hurt... haha. I need more caffeine... Is this long enough? Nah... Moving on, I've been thinking about quitting soccer... I asked a couple people that if a sophomore quit this year, then could they come back their senior year? I got "probably not"'s... Dag nabbit. <-- um... don't ask... I want to play, but I'm not getting to... I'm sick of it! I'm a midfielder, okay? I'm supposed to be throwing the ball at least when it's past midfield, right?! I'm supposed to be taking corner kicks occasionally, right?! The answer in my opinion: yes. But instead, Coach Hairston tells me to let the defender throw the ball in, and come corner kicks, the CENTER mid, or the STOPPER, or the SWEEPER, or a different defender takes the kick... It hurts my feelings. I can do it! It'sn't that hard, and what good use am I if I'm not taking the corner kick? It's a wee bit difficult for someone of my size to head the ball in when it's in the box with several people in there. Sheesh. Then the forward (normally Tina) takes the corner kick sometimes instead of me. Now she's tall. She should be in the box ready to head it in. On the other side, many times the outside mid gets to take the corner kick. Yeah - I've noticed something here... Why am I not getting to do that stuff, but the other outside mid does? Hm... could it be because I suck?!?! Extremely possibly. It hurts, and that's part of the reason why I was crying, Sarah. I don't think Coach Hairston liked me bringing the ball up the sideline and booting it over for a header (as I did 4 times in one of the tournament games... oh man they were beautiful, I must admit...). I don't know why, but if she saw those, why doesn't she let me take corner kicks? And believe me - I can throw the ball in, too. Last year in soccer practice on the freshmen team, I remember we did a drill where we'd throw the ball as far as we could, and the managers would stand where the two farthest throws were and tell Coach Cook who the winning throwers were when everyone was done. Well guess who threw it the farthest every single time (we must have done it at least five times)? Me. Kelsey Hall was agitated, I could tell. She was before me in line, but told me to go before her (b/c she wanted to beat me). But she didn't. :cP :cD Yay for me! So my point is - I can throw the ball... I have good accuracy too (in my opinion). I don't understand why she won't let me do my job as a midfielder... I understand why she doesn't play barely at all, but why don't I get to do the midfielder jobs? It doesn't make sense... And this was long... Mwahahahaha! Poor people who actually read this entire thing... Welp, I'm not going to double-check my spelling and stuff, so let me know if I made any mistakes. Thank you. That is all. Now I must go check up on Sarah. Goodbye!