viernes, enero 16, 2004
It's 3:50. I got to get out of school at 3:15 b/c I had soccer last period, and we didn't have to work out b/c we were going to have a game... but it got cancelled. So Varsity is still playing tonight, and I don't have to go and watch that. I wasn't going to play in the game today anyway b/c I played on Tuesday. It's a stupid UIL rule or something... Like you can't play in more than two games a week unless there's a tournament, but that doesn't really make sense b/c there was a tournament yesterday that continues on to tomorrow. We won our games yesterday! The first one when I played FIVE MINUTES (out of 40), we won 3 - 0. Then the second one I played a little bit more, and we won 6 - 0! That was awesome. We got 5 of them in the second half. Anyway, I was about to cry in soccer today... The girl next to me was talking about people drinking alcohol and throwing up on the soccer field in the morning and stuff. It was terrible! I was sitting right there, and she's sharing this aloud to a girl near her, but anyone who wanted to listen could hear everything she was saying. And when she talked about the people throwing up, I just burst out. I said something like, "I'm sorry, but I think drinking is just really retarded. Why do people do that? It's so stupid!" Then everyone turned and looked at me, and everything was quiet. Then I said, "I just think it's really really really really retarded." Everyone was looking at me with weird looks, so I said, "I'm sorry, but I've just been in an angry mood recently in case none of you could tell." And to my surprise, people started LAUGHING. I couldn't believe it. It was the saddest thing... I'm not going to mention any names here, but a girl was like, "Hey Rachel - have you ever drank alcohol?" And I immediately responded, "NO! Of course not! That's stupid." (more laughter) The same girl asked, "Does Scott drink?" And I was like, "No - he doesn't do any of that stuff." Then that girl announced, "Okay, we're going to take a poll. Who here has ever dranken alcohol?" OH MY GOSH... I swear - I counted 14 out of less than 20 people in that room who raised their hand. I counted later on when I was still in shock about this, so I think there might have been 3 more, but I don't really know. I just couldn't believe it! Then she asked who had ever been drunk, and about half of the people from before raised their hand... I wanted to cry and run out of there. You may not think it's that bad, but I was so shocked. I looked around that locker room and saw all these people that I never thought would have done that raise their hand. I still can't believe it. And they even lauged at me for thinking it was retarded. Wow... Is that not sad to you? *sigh* Oh well... I just prayed for them... I still can't believe it...